Recipe by Pinay0618
I've seen pozoles using many different kinds of meat, but this is the first shrimp pozole recipe I've found. It sounds awesome :)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 shrimp flavor bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat and saute onion and peppers until tender, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, oregano, chipotle and tomato paste and continue to saute for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in water, bouillon cubes and hominy and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add shrimp and simmer, covered, until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Garnish with diced avocado, sliced lettuce, diced radishes, cheese, chopped onion and lime wedges.