I got the basics of this recipe from a friend who's mother in law had a similar dish at a restaurant in Miami. She said it was the BEST potato salad she ever ate! So of course I had to try it, I tweaked it a bit to my liking and taste. All I can say is that whenever I make it, people can't get enough. It's to die for! Promise!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs jumbo raw shrimp, peeled deveined, and cut in half
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and diced into chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced thin on an angle
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light adobo seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups good quality mayonnaise (or more depending how you like it)
- 1Season shrimp with light adobo and black pepper, keep chilled until ready to cook.
- 2In small bowl, make vinaigrette. Add olive oil, onion, vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine, let marinate for about 1/2 hour on counter if longer refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3Place potatoes in large pot of salted cold water on med/high heat. Cook stirring occasionally for about 45 minutes or until fork tender. Note: After 35 minutes of cooking potatoes, add the carrots to the pot. When potatoes are fork tender drain and return to hot pot where they were cooking. Set aside.
- 4In large saute pan on medium heat, add 2 tbs. olive oil, add garlic and shrimp. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn a bright pinkish color stirring constantly. Remove from heat transfer to bowl to avoid overcooking shrimp.
- 5Add shrimp, vinaigrette, and mayo to potatoes and carrots. Mix well and taste for seasoning. If needed add more salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1008.9
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 317.0 mg
- Sodium 2169.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 37.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: