Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Potato salad that does the twist.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 lbs potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 5 -6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickles, dill (optional) or 2 tablespoons sweet pickles (optional)
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice; set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, being careful not to mash.
- Carefully stir in mayonnaise mixture until well blended.
- Garnish with a dusting of paprika.
This is a great summertime bbq recipe. I'm looking forward to making it again!
Absolutely delicious, creamy, yum! I had a few girl friends over for luncheon and the salad was highly praised and I had to share the recipe. Thanks for this great keeper!
This was a winner in our house. My husband, who is not even a fan of potato salads, could not stop adding extra helpings to his plate! I had a very good and tangy mayo, so thick that I added some cream to thin it slightly, and I also added maybe a squirt more lemon juice. I was lucky to have very juicy shirmps. I did have to halve the recipe, which was easy -- it is a large recipe. I would not change a thing -- the ingredients worked perfectly together. (We had it with spicy baked chicken wings and a bowl of small plum tomatoes, plus sauvignon blanc -- perfect meal!) Thanks, Gailanng, for a keeper!!