Prep 30 mins
Cook 33 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Little nests of potatoes filled with a shrimp puree topped with a small piece of shrimp. These little nests are great for superbowl parties or any occasion. I made similar nest (smoked salmon, sour cream) for Christmas Eve and people loved them. This is a sophisticated appetizer, so some may not like this but it is worthy of a try. I only put 30 mintues as a prep time because besides the time it takes to refrigerate the potatoes everything else is very easy and quick to do.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 small fresh parsley leaves
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- In a large pan bring unpeeled potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 20 minutes. Drain, let cool and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, pulse shrimp and lemon zest in a processor. Add yogurt and Hidden Valley packet, process til combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease mini muffin pan. In a medium bowl coarsely peel potatoes and grate. Gently toss in salt and pepper. Place a heaping tablespoon of potato in muffin pan, press against sides to form and allow som to extend over rims. Do not spread to thin. Bake about 25 mintues. Cool in pan about 10 mintues. Carefully remove and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. (This process can be made up to 4 hours ahead and left at room tempature.).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake nests for 6-8 mintues. Transfer to a serving platter. Spoon a dollop of the shrimp mix into each nest and top with a tiny piece of shrimp. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.