1/1 Photo of Shrimp-Potato Burrito With Sundried Tomato Salsa
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Spicy, tasty and nutritious meal with fresh vegetables, brown rice and salsa with a tweak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup cilantro, springs rinsed
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces frozen cooked baby shrimp, thawed (60-70 ct)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
To assemble burritos
- 1In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add Simple Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, and cook until potatoes are semi-soft. Remove from liquid, using a slotted ladle.
- 2Add brown rice and black beans (reserving half for later) to boiling broth. Stir in white part of green onion and taco seasoning. Cover with a lid; cook on low for about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Keep warm.
- 3In a blender, puree together sundried tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce, adding a few teaspoons of water if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Set salsa aside. (Can be made ahead and refridgerated.).
- 4Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cooked potatoes, onion and shrimp; cook for a minute a half, stirring a few times. Mix in garlic and spices. Cook for 30 seconds and season.
- 5Spread sour cream on each warm and pliable tortilla. Top with ingredients in the order listed. Roll up, and cut in half on the bias. Serve with rice and beans garnished with sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp-Potato Burrito With Sundried Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 856.9
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 134.5 mg
- Sodium 2082.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
chipotle chiles in adobo