Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I really like the flavor combination for this potsticker, hope you do as well. If you can't find jiaotze wrappers at your Asian section, wonton wrappers will work
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- boiling water
- 250 ml shrimp (1 cup)
- 250 ml bamboo shoots or 250 ml hearts of palm
- 29.58 ml chopped chives
- 29.58 ml lemon zest
- 29.58 ml soya sauce
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 73.94 ml soya sauce
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- lemon zest (optional)
- Chop the shrimp; combine all the ingredients for the filling.
- Lay out 6 dough circles, place a spoonful of filling on each side, lightly moisten the edges; fold in half, pinch the edges together well to seal securely.
- Place onto a plate. Cover with a cloth (the dough dries out quickly) and repeat the procedure with the remaining dough circles.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over high heat; reduce the heat to medium and add the dumplings.
- Pan fry until the bottoms become crisp and brown. Add 125 ml (1/2 cup) water. cover and let simmer about 6 minutes, until the liquid has completely evaporated.
- transfer to a plate with the "stuck" side showing. Serve warm with the sauce on the side.
These were very good, if a bit labour intensive. I really like the combination of things in the filling. Very yummy. I guessed at how much boiling water to use for the dough and ended up using about 5 kitchen spoons full. There was a fair bit too much filling, next time I would use maybe half the amount of bamboo shoots. Thanks for posting this, we enjoyed it very much.
Wow, these were so good and really easy to make also. I 'll be making these often, they were a huge hit with the dh and I. He's asked to have them again tonight. I did freeze a few so we will be enjoying them again tonight, no big hardship let me tell you. They were tender, flavorful, had great textures and were full of shrimp and bamboo shoots, what's not to like. I used store bought wontons but did make the sauce... which was a perfect pairing with the potstickers. Yum can't wait for tonight. Made for Culinary Quest 2014 - Suitcase Gourmets.
So good. I cheated and used pre made wrapers and store bought dipping sauce. But these had great flavor. I steamed my dumplings in an elec steamer instead of fring. So good and easy.