Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is courtesy of Racheal Ray. My family enjoyed this quick and easy version.
- vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 soft sub rolls
- 1 thinly sliced tomatoes
- lettuce, shredded
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup spicy mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat vegetable oil in deep skillet.
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Salt shrimp and soak in milk.
- Coat shrimp in breading and fry in oil 5 to 6 minutes until golden, turning over to brown both sides. Squeeze lemon over shrimp.
- Pile lettuce and tomato on rolls, top with shrimp.
- Mix relish, mustard and hot sauce together and dot on shrimp.