Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lighter version of shrimp po boy sandwich
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat panko
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill relish
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, flaxseed, and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning in a shallow dish. Beat the egg whites and water in a small bowl. Combine the cornmeal, flour and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning in another shallow dish.
- Working in batches, coat the shrimp in the cornmeal/flour mixture then dip in the egg wash. Finally roll the shrimp in the breadcrumbs. Place on the prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Lightly coat the shrimp cooking spray. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until the shrimp are pink, turning once. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayo, mustards, dill relish, chili sauce, and the remaining teaspoon of Cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave until warm. Top each with the sauce, lettuce and pickles. Add the shrimp and onion. Serve warm.