Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in a military commissary magazine. I've not yet tried this, but it looks interesting enough. I think I'd prefer it in a wrap.
- 1 (20 ounce) packagesea pak popcorn shrimp
- 4 -6 leaves lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 sandwich buns
- mayonnaise or tartar sauce or your favorite sauce
- Prepare the shrimp according to package directions.
- Place shrimp on the hoagie rolls and top with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, tartar or your favorite sauce.
I struggled with giving this recipe 5 stars, because it used prepared ingredients just being put together. BUT, if I am to judge this recipe on how enjoyable it was to my family, it has to get the full 5 stars. I used a bang bang shimp and buttered and toasted my buns. Crunchy, crisp shrimp and buttery soft buns, I ran out of food. Great recipe, will be going on my lineup!
I made some changes in that I made my own shrimp and homemade tartar sauce and remoulade sauce. On one sandwich we used tartar, and remoulade on the other. My son preferred the tartar sauce, and I preferred the remoulade. I can never not enjoy freshly cooked shrimp! Think this would be a wonderful recipe for a college student.....they could use easily handy ingredients for a great treat!! Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag game.