Top Review by Sagadahoc
I thought this was, all in all, pretty tasty and a lovely way to eat Maine shrimp. DH really liked it. I added some yellow bell pepper, a few mushrooms and a little crabmeat because they needed using, and only 1/2 c. alfredo sauce. Next time I may also add a little garlic. We had some trouble with the crust - made our own, a new venture - and it took much longer than the designated 8 - 10 mins. to cook. That is obviously our problem, not the recipe's. Nonetheless, if I repeat with a homemade crust, I may cook that with cheese and veg a bit first before adding delicate shrimp. Thanks for this keeper.
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, sliced 1/4 in. thin
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled, tailed, and deveined
- 1 cup spinach
- 3⁄4 cup alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat and cook onion until caramelized, about 6 minutes.
- Remove onion onto separate plate, set aside.
- In same pan sauté shrimp until bright pink and cooked through.
- Remove shrimp to separate plate, set aside.
- In same skillet drizzle 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sauté spinach until wilted, remove pan from heat.
- Place pizza crust on stone or on baking sheet, spread alfredo sauce out evenly over crust, leaving 1/2 inch border around crust.
- Spread spinach, onions, shrimp and mozzarelly evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and dark brown in spots.