Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful shrimp and mozzarella pizza that is a little bit healthier than most, but still just as yummy!! You can add a little garlic to the shrimp and onion mixture, or a little garlic powder to the white sauce.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 22.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground mustard
- 0.59-1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 453.59 g uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Boboli whole wheat pizza crust (14 oz.)
- 177.44 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- For white sauce,in a small nonstick saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour,mustard,cayenne and salt until smooth;gradually add milk. Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with non stick cooking spray,cook onion over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add shrimp;cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Drain.
- Place crust on a pizza pan or bakng sheet;spread with white sauce. Top with shrimp mixture and cheese. Bake at 425 for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and cheese is melted.
I omitted the cayenne pepper because it would have been too spicy for my son. Next time I'll add garlic to add more flavor. But it was still good. Thanks FloridaGrl :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
This is a good recipe it's just not flavorful enough for our strange taste buds. I even went heavy on the mustard, cayenne and salt and peppered the white sauce before adding the toppings. I also sauteed garlic with the onions. I used precooked shrimp so I added them to the onion and garlic at the end to heat through. We ended up sprinkling Old Bay on top of the pizza to give it extra spice. There's something missing that would really make this recipe pop for us. Glad we tried this...thanks for sharing!