1/3 Photos of Shrimp Pilaf
1 hr 10 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
This is a tasty, colorful dish that is nice for dinner guests. I like to serve this with garlic bread and a green salad. Recipe is from a Sunset cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long-grain raw white rice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen tiny peas, thawed
- chopped parsley
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a deep, heavy 4-5 quart pan over medium heat; add shrimp and cook, stirring, until almost opaque throughout, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2Lift out and set aside (shrimp will get more cooking time later).
- 3Pour pan juices into a 1-quart measuring cup; add clam juice and enough water to make 2 1/2 cups, set aside.
- 4Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in pan over medium heat; add onion and garlic, cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add rice and turmeric; cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes, add celery, salt, pepper and clam juice mixture.
- 6Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is almost tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- 7With a fork, lightly mix tomatoes and peas into rice; scatter shrimp over top, cover and continue to cook until rice is tender to bite and liquid is absorbed, about 10 more minutes.
- 8Sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.9
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 218.6 mg
- Sodium 894.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 31.5 g