Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken Piccata is so light and tasty: why not try it with shrimp, in a sauce that utterly complements seafood?
- 1 lb fresh shrimp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fleur de sel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup court bouillon or 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter and lightly saute the shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp and add the court bouillon (fish stock) wine, garlic and lemon juice to the saute pan. Allow the sauce to cook down to half the volume. Add the arrowroot and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Toss in the shrimp and capers, stirring, until the shrimp are fully cooked but not too long or they will be tough. Add more bouillon as necessary to keep the sauce at a desirable consistency.
- Toss in the capers, give a final stir and serve over noodles. Sprinkle the dill over each dish before serving.