Recipe by Alskann
A delicious, refreshing salad. Easy to make, always a hit! Makes a great luncheon or side dish. To make it even easier pick up some ready-to-eat cooked shrimp.
Top Review by twissis
Made for the Aug Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap + Aug Seafood Photo Challenge, this tag was a selfish 1 as DH is not esp fond of avocado but I adore them as a legacy of my Dallas dys. To my surprise, he liked this a lot. I made it as written using pre-cooked Icelandic baby shrimp & fresh-snipped chives. I took the pic & then added a generous sprinkle of lemon pepper as a shared pers pref. This excellent recipe will be repeated now that I found an avocado dish he really likes. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :-)
- 59.14 ml finely chopped sweet onion (such as vidalia or walla walla)
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml small shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 59.14 ml finely chopped chives
- 59.14 ml prepared pesto sauce
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and finly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first six (onion, celery, shrimp, chives, pesto, mayonnaise) ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Peel and halve the avocados. Carefully remove the seed.
- Slice a thin layer off the bottom of each avocado so it will sit flat.
- Using a medium scoop, fill the four avocado halves evenly with shrimp mixture.
- Squeeze lime juice over each salad.
- Top with chopped tomato.
- Serve and enjoy!