Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good one that combines the 4 basic food groups ,Shrimp, Onions, peppers, and Mushrooms. All in all a well balanced meal.
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, veined (30 count)
- 3 green onions, sliced, all the white, some green
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 green bell pepper, julienne
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thickly sliced
- Combine the first 7 Sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Heat the wok.
- Add Oil, swirl to coat.
- Add the shrimp and stir fry 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add Green Onions and Garlic, cook 30 seconds more.
- Empty the wok, scrape the good stuff and save.
- Reheat the wok, Add Oil, Swirl to coat.
- Add the Bell Peppers, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, stir fry 1 more minute.
- Push the peppers to the sides of the wok.
- Pour the Sauce into the center of the wok, stir 'til thick and bubbly.
- Return the shrimp, stir with vegetables and sauce 'til heated through.
Another Pierre Dance winner. This makes up beautifully, with shrimp as well as in a shrimp/chicken combo.The ingredients combine to make for a company quality meal. The sesame oil and rice vinegar makes for a special touch. Love that it tastes as good as it looks. Served on a white platter- makes for awesome presentation. One of those recipes that one keeps close at hand. Thank you Pierre.
This is a great sauce. Although I made it with shrimp, it could easily be used on pork or chicken too. You can also vary the vegetables to suit your taste or what is in the fridge. Many thanks for sharing.
I was looking for something to do with a bag of large shrimps that I had in my freezer, and came across this recipe.I even went out and bought a large bottle of dry sherry (they didn't have a smaller bottle) So I will just have to make this again and again and again. I made this in my wok exactly as written , only I added a couple more splashes of the chicken broth. Served with rice. I can't wait to have this again. By the way the sauce was perfect and I will use that as a base for many other stir-frys.