Top Review by Shalabhanjika
This was a very easy, fast recipe that I liked a lot and my husband loved. I omitted the pea pods and used a whole onion and added half of a yellow bell pepper. Will make again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cleaned and split
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced and cut in half
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb pea pods, stringed and blanched
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok.
- Fry garlic 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, fry 3 minutes until pink.
- Add mushroom, onions, peppers and pea pods.
- Fry 2 minutes.
- Add soy and oyster sauce.
- In separate small pan, heat pan to hot.
- Don't use any oil.
- Fry seeds until light brown.
- Remove wok from heat.
- Stir-fry with seeds.
- NOTE: Don't stir any meat or fish too much or it will create too much liquid.
- Your stove isn't as hot as those you see on TV.