Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cleaned and split
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced and cut in half
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb pea pods, stringed and blanched
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat oil in wok.
- Fry garlic 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, fry 3 minutes until pink.
- Add mushroom, onions, peppers and pea pods.
- Fry 2 minutes.
- Add soy and oyster sauce.
- In separate small pan, heat pan to hot.
- Don't use any oil.
- Fry seeds until light brown.
- Remove wok from heat.
- Stir-fry with seeds.
- NOTE: Don't stir any meat or fish too much or it will create too much liquid.
- Your stove isn't as hot as those you see on TV.
This was a very easy, fast recipe that I liked a lot and my husband loved. I omitted the pea pods and used a whole onion and added half of a yellow bell pepper. Will make again!
This was one of the prettiest dishes I've made in a long time. The range of colors of the veggies was just beautiful We really liked this but would triple the sauce amount next time since we didn't think there was quite enough. It was very easy to throw together however and nice for a busy work night. Thanks!
Very good and easy. Naturally, the leftovers tasted better the second day. Thanks, Recipenut!