Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sauvignon Blac is great with this ginger shrimp. These shrimp, pepper and mango kabobs deliver wonderful, authentic flavor with minimal effort. A great recipe for entertaining a crowd—just double the ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice and blanched
- 1 firm mango, peeled and cubed
- In a large bowl, whisk together ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, oil, sesame oil, and cilantro. Add the shrimp. Toss to coat shrimp; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove shrimp from marinade. Pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for one full minute. Remove from heat.
- Alternately thread shrimp, scallions, peppers and mango on skewers. Place skewers in center of cooking grate. Grill 4 to 6 minutes until shrimp turn pink and opaque, turning once halfway through grilling time, basting with reserved marinade. Serve warm over rice.
This was a lovely kabob recipe that was thoroughly enjoyed by myself and 8 year old son, my 10 year old isn't a fan of peppers or onions so I only put the mango on his and he wouldn't even eat the mango *rolling eyes*. I used red & yellow peppers like another reader and used vidalia onions as that's what I had on hand. I had frozen mango on hand so thawed & used that but I'll try a firmer, fresh mango or maybe not thaw it next time as I had trouble with it falling off the skewers. Thanks for posting Rita! Made and enjoyed for team Mischief Makers - ZWT #7.
mmm this was yummy
this is an excellent shrimp recipe. Marinated for about an hour, and basted 3 times during grilling. I used one red bell, and one yellow bell pepper, which added to the great colors too! (I put aside a couple of tblspns of the marinade b4 marinating and drizzelled a little on top of the cooked skewers and rice).Served with basmati.