A very easy, creamy pasta that is surprisingly low in fat. I was trying to use fresh green peas and shrimp. This is what resulted...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set water on to boil for the orzo.
- 2Chop onion and garlic finely and saute in a bit of olive oil til translucent.
- 3Cook orzo to package directions, add peas the last couple of minutes of cooking.
- 4Drain and return to pot. Place on burner on low heat. Add cooked shrimp and stir.
- 5Add half-and-half, stir in cheese, onion/garlic and fresh basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Any leftovers freeze quite well. This also makes a nice side dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp & Pea Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 354.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 32.1 g