Recipe by beach bum in the Philippines
Grilled shrimp with three different sauces. Patricio sauce is a rich cream sauce. Vesuvio Sauce is a spicy sharp sauce. Romano Sauce is a tomato flavored sauce.
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 3 large shrimp, per person peeled and deveined, heads and tails left on
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
FOR THE PATRICIO SAUCE
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, sliced thinly
FOR THE VESUVIO SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomato with juice
FOR THE ROMANO SAUCE
- 1 cup canned crushed tomato with juice
- 1⁄4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE SHRIMP PREP: Peel and devein leaving the heads and tails on. In a large skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil. when the onion is translucent, and the garlic begins to turn golden color, add the shrimp and sauté till the shrimps are all pink, remove the shrimp from the skillet and plate, leaving the onions and garlic and remaining olive oil in the skillet.
- FOR THE PATRICIO SAUCE: Add the cream to the skillet along with the chives, bring to a slight boil, stir well, then take off the flame and pour over the plated shrimp, salt and pepper to taste. serve right away.
- FOR THE VESUVIO SAUCE: In a skillet, add the crushed tomatoes with the juice, Italian spices, and red chili flakes, and bring to a boil, take off the heat and pour over the plated shrimp, serve right away. salt and pepper to taste, chili flakes added to taste.
- FOR THE ROMANO SAUCE: In a skillet, add a cup of the crushed tomatoes with juice, the 1/4 cup of marinara sauce, and bring to a boil, then pour over the plated shrimp, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and serve right away.
- CHEF'S NOTES: Each recipe is for one person, I have included all three different sauces, so that you can choose how you want to make it.