Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy lemon sauce, what could be better?
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter (or margrine)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in a little water
- salt, to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) cans medium shrimp, drained
- Make pasta according to package directions,.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Stir in the broth, milk, lemon juice, agrlic powder and parsley. When mixture is hot enough that small bubbles form around the edges, add the disolved cornstarch.
- Stir an cook a couple of minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Add salt, if desired.
- Spoon shrimp and cream sauce over individual plates of pasta and serve. If you wish to add the shrimp directly to the sauce, be careful not stir too much or they will break up.