Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in a local newspaper and found it is delicious.
Make and share this Shrimp & Pasta With Goat Cheese Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 lb pasta, your choice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 12 ounces chicken stock or 12 ounces chicken broth
- 3 -4 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package asparagus, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package mushrooms, quartered
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 piece garlic, chopped
- In a saute pan, melt the butter then add flour.
- Whisk together until bubbling.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Simmer on low heat to thicken.
- Stir in goat cheese and lemon juice until melted & smooth.
- In a separate pan, saute asparagus, mushrooms & sundried tomatoes.
- In a separate pan, saute shrimp, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Coat the pasta with the sauce & mix in 1/2 the shrimp.
- Spoon the vegetables & shrimp over the top.
We don't eat cow dairy so this recipe was perfect for us. I also don't eat wheat but was able to sub rice flour and it worked out great. Will be making this again.