Recipe by Abeer1994
A killer recipe! Delicious Shrimp, Creamy Sauce, Mildly Spicy, & Family Memebers Licking the Pan if You Don't Make Enough. Alter This Recipe For Your Own Taste. If You Don't Like Shrimp, Its Amazing With Chicken Breast Strips, Or If You're a Vegitarian, This is Crazy Delish Without Meat Too. Add YOUR Favorite Vegis, and Take Out Any Vegis You Don't Like and You Better Save This Page, Cause Everyone Will Want More. And Heres the Tie Braker, Its HEALTHY! I Know It Uses Cream, But if you Go Half and Half With Cream and Skim Milk and Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Its Still AWESOME! Tips: -If You Run Low on Cream, Add a Splash of Skim, Whole, or Whatever -I Know Your Human, You CAN use Store Bought Tomato Sauce, and Store Bought Canned Tomatoes -Use as Much or as Little Shrimp as You Like -The Recipe Calls For Onion Powder, You Can Use a Small Yellow Onion Too -I Use Cilantro In This Recipe, Because I Really Hate Parsley, But If You Like it, USE IT -Don't Be Afraid To Add Your Fave Ingriedients, Eggs, Bell Pepper, Anything!
Top Review by BasilFreakHeather
This recipe is delicious! You're 13! Your gonna go really far if you continue to send recipes like this. And yes me and my boyfriend were licking the pan. The flavor is amazing, especially since i didn't think i would like tomatoe alfrado. Again thanks for the recipe. 5 stars!
- 14 ounces spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Flavored is Fine)
- 1 lb peeled and devined shrimp (Memeber Mark Brand Is Perfecto!)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil (Fresh Minced Basil is Also Fine)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup diced green onion (Shallots)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup minced green chilies or 1⁄4 jalapeno
- 1⁄2 cup julliened zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (Or Any Mix of Your Fave Spices)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta as directed on package(not al dente).
- While pasta cooks, prepare the sauce.
- Place a 12 inches saute or sauce pan on medium-low heat. Add the olive oil, and melt the butter.
- While that happens, but the shrimp in a bowl and season with half of the Essence(or spice blend), mix well, add a pinch of salt, and put in the pan.
- Turn the heat to Medium-High, and saute each side of the shrimp until fully cooked. Once cooked, put the shrimp in a bowl and set aside.
- Add a dash more of olive oil, and put in the green chillis and garlic. Once garlic is fragrant, add the carrots, zuchinni, and shallots. Once all the vegitables START to caramlize, add in all the heavy cream. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let the cream reduce, until thick.
- Drain the pasta if done.
- Put the shrimp back in the pan followed by the crushed/diced tomatoes. Start mildly braking apart the tomatoes. Add more salt and pepper(taste it to usure perfection :D).
- Then put the spaggetti in the pan. Mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the Basil and Oregano and Chilli Powder. Mix Well. Remove from heat, and add cilantro and parmesan. Serve Hot and Watch Your Family ATTACK!