Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Our favorite pasta salad chock-full of things we love! Can be made without the shrimp, but with the shrimp you've only got to add a loaf of crusty bread for a perfect make-ahead summer meal. Cooking time includes 1 hour cooling and 1 hour chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb fusilli, cooked al dente
- 1 lb peeled boiled shrimp, cut in halves
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces feta cheese, in cubes (marinated in oil, if available)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup minced pitted oil-cured black olive
- Blend first 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor briefly, just until the sun-dried tomatoes are coarsely chopped.
- Add this dressing to the drained HOT pasta in a large bowl.
- Toss to coat well.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill.
This was REALLY good! I added marinated artichoke hearts too...since I have an enormous jar from Costco to use up...and it really complimented the dish. This is such a nice change from regular salad on a hot Las Vegas evening! Hubby fully agrees that this a keeper! Thanks!
Ohhhh This stuff is goodddddddd!!!! We all really enjoyed this salad. I can't wait to make it again. Thanks for posting it for us Flemish!
The sauce really makes this. I use it on practically every Mediterranean style pasta salad I make. It was a big hit with penne, chunks of salami and mozzarella, artichoke hearts, fresh tomatoes and basil. Thanks for sharing!