Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
This recipe was one that a person was able to purchase as a dry mix and add the remainder of the ingredients fresh. The person who made these 'Carla' printed a book of the recipes and sold it and quit making them herself. This is handy to have made up in packets and then put together when wanted.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped dried onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 3 cups small seashell macaroni
- 2 cups cooked small shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In 8 cups boiling water, add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon salt, then add macaroni.
- Cook until tender.
- Rinse in cold water and drain.
- When well drained, add mayonnaise, sour cream, shrimp and spices.
- Refrigerate several hours. Just before serving, add tomatoes, avocados and celery. Mix well.
- Preparation time is a guess. Cooking time is refrigeration time.