Recipe by Nasseh
A healthy fresh salad for any time of the year.
Top Review by PaulaG
The flavors of this dish are good. I did add a touch of red pepper flakes and used whole wheat penne for the pasta. The sauce is thin and this really needs to stand for the the pasta and veggies to soak up the delicious sauce. The sauce might benefit by warming and thickening with some cornstarch. Made for *ZWT6*
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot, diagonal slices
- 1 cup frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, cooked & drained
- 1 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Cook the pasta & shrimp before starting on the salad.
- Mix the ingredients together for the dressing & set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil the add the vegetables (besides the pepper). Cook for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Immediately run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Cover with ice water & let stand for 5 minutes. Drain & combine with pasta, shrimp, & red pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing then top with green onions.