Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthy fresh salad for any time of the year.
Make and share this Shrimp Pasta Salad With Asian Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot, diagonal slices
- 1 cup frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 cups medium pasta shells, cooked & drained
- 1 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Note: Cook the pasta & shrimp before starting on the salad.
- Mix the ingredients together for the dressing & set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil the add the vegetables (besides the pepper). Cook for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Immediately run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Cover with ice water & let stand for 5 minutes. Drain & combine with pasta, shrimp, & red pepper.
- Toss the salad with the dressing then top with green onions.
The flavors of this dish are good. I did add a touch of red pepper flakes and used whole wheat penne for the pasta. The sauce is thin and this really needs to stand for the the pasta and veggies to soak up the delicious sauce. The sauce might benefit by warming and thickening with some cornstarch. Made for *ZWT6*
This was pretty tasty, and fairly easy to put together. I steamed the vegetables in the microwave, which worked out very nicely. The dressing had a nice flavor, although I wish it had been a bit thicker to adhere to the pasta salad. I made this to take to work at lunch, and I noticed the dressing sunk to the bottom of the container, and the salad needed to be tossed again. I'm not sure how to make it thicker, but I would like to, because it really has a good flavor. Thanks for helping me to have a healthy lunch this week! Made for Newest Zaar tag game.