Recipe by ebbtide
This easy fix has a nice lemony flavor and is great for a summer brunch or dinner. Use whole wheat pasta and lite mayo for an even healthier rendition.
- 8 ounces penne pasta (mini)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained)
- 1⁄2 grape tomatoes (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion (sliced and including green tops)
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In large serving bowl, mix together mayo, zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir well. Add capers, tomatoes and onion. Stir well and set aside.
- Add cooked pasta and shrimp to the bowl. Toss to mix well. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes for flavors to develop, then serve.