Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Salad shrimp is one of my favorites. I have been searching for a good shrimp pasta salad. This recipe is from Family Fun
- 2 cups baby shrimp, cooked
- 4 cups shell pasta, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Put all salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Add to Salad ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
This was a wonderful salad! I did change and added a few things to this recipe. I omitted the sugar in the dressing as I felt it didn't need it, I also omitted the cheddar cheese and lime juice too. I added a 8oz pkg of crabmeat and 1 8oz pkg of baby shrimp, used only 2 cups of the pasta seashells. I sprinkled about a half a teaspoon of lemon pepper (this was what i used to replace the lime juice) and used red onion in place of the green onion. I also used Bacon Thousand Island dressing. Everyone from the lake really enjoyed this salad :) It was DELICIOUS! especially the second day after the seasonings had blended together. Thanks for sharing the recipe
This was very nice. I think the shrimp might have gotten a little lost in it. I used baby shrimp as directed. I did add garlic, salt, pepper, and some Old Bay in it to help it a bit. Overall, a nice salad. My DH certainly liked it a lot.
This was a very nice shrimp salad. Loved the veggies. It could have had a little more bold flavor, didn't really taste the shrimp much. However, it was easy to prepare and we have lots for leftovers!