A special dinner for two. This a well-seasoned pasta dish that has lots of flavor, yet it is not going to wreck your budget. This comes from Taste of Home. Prep & Cook times are approximate.
- 113.39 g uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 clove garlic, minced
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled,seeded and diced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml minced fresh basil
- 14.79 ml minced fresh oregano
- 14.79 ml minced fresh thyme
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, asparagus and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add the mushrooms, broth, tomato, salt and pepper flakes; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Add the pasta and seasonings to skillet; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Excellent shrimp dish. My husband and I fixed this shrimp dinner together one evening after we discovered we had accidently left a bag of shrimp out of the freezer. We did not have any of the fresh ingredients so we used Penzeys' basil, oregano, thyme and parsley spices instead. We also added a bit more crushed red pepper flakes to make the dish extra flavorful. Thank you for sharing this recipe.