A special dinner for two. This a well-seasoned pasta dish that has lots of flavor, yet it is not going to wreck your budget. This comes from Taste of Home. Prep & Cook times are approximate.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled,seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the shrimp, asparagus and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add the mushrooms, broth, tomato, salt and pepper flakes; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Add the pasta and seasonings to skillet; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.