Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this tonight after I realized I'd defrosted a package of shrimp and forgot about it. After adding a bunch of other random things I had on-hand, I ended up with quite a tasty (if fattening) dish.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (from the can)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk (plus more if sauce is too thick)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (your choice)
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, tails removed
- 8 ounces vermicelli, broken in half
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Start a large pot of lightly salted water boiling.
- In another saucepan, combine cream cheese, parmesan, butter, garlic and 1/2 cup milk over medium heat until well blended, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave vegetables until heated through, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Add shrimp and vegetables to cream cheese mixture; stir well to combine.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat until shrimp is heated through, about 10 minutes. (If sauce is too thick, add more milk a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.).
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Combine pasta with sauce and toss lightly to combine.
- Reserve a handful of pine nuts; add rest to pot and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle remaining pine nuts on individual servings after putting on plates.