Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I think I found this one in a Louisiana Cooking magazine.
- 12 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, deveined, peeled & cooked
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb process cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute the green pepper, onions and garlic in butter intil tender. Gradually stir in flour until blended. Stir in the shrimp, celery salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the process cheese, tomatoes and mushrooms. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add to shrimp mixture. Drain vermicelli; stir into skillet.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. X 9-in. X 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.