Recipe by Soopoo
This appeared in our local paper and sounded so yummy, I can't wait to make it. I am posting it here so I don't lose it. The recipe is from 'Rocco's Real Life Recipes' by Rocco DiSpirito. It states if you can't find olive bruschetta topping, use olive tapenade or other olive condiment.
- 850 g cannellini beans (2 cans-425g/15oz ea)
- 500 ml marinara sauce (2 cups)
- 125 ml olive spread (1/2 cup)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 725 g medium shrimp, peeled, veins and tails removed (1 1/2 lb)
- 250 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 50 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped 1/4 cup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, combine beans, marinara and olive topping. Season with salt and pepper.
- While beans heat, brush a foil-lined broiler pan with oil. Arrange shrimp on foil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with cheese.
- Place shrimp under broiler for three to five minutes. The cheese should bubble and turn golden brown.
- Divide beans among four large bowls and set shrimp over them. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Makes four servings.