Recipe by Marie
This is an awesome dish which features fried breaded jumbo shrimp, topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and baked. Make extra sauce and serve with a side of spaghetti. A wonderful company dish.
- 2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (11 to 15 per lb)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce (your favorite)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (more if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Butterfly shrimp and dredge in flour.
- Dip in beaten eggs, then in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry shrimp til golden brown.
- No need to cook through- they will also be baked.
- Remove to a shallow casserole dish in a single layer.
- Top with tomato sauce and both cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered at 400° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.