Recipe by Rita~
My Husband favorite. A one dish meal. You can prepare everything up to putting in the oven, chill, till ready to heat. Serve with a nice crusty bread. Or skip the pasta and make Shrimp Parmesan Sandwiches. Check out the step X step for this recipe http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=223776
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Sugarpea said it...Yowza is THE word for this shrimp dish. Can I give this 10 or more stars? This is amazingly delish...I had large shrimp in the freezer that I just had to use up, and I had this in my cookbook just waiting to try, well this was it!....I had the same propblem as Hey Jude, we too kept nibbling on the shrimp as they came off of the pan. I didn't have angel hair pasta so I used spaghetti instaead, it still was out of this world. This is a recipe that I will be making again and again, my DH went bonkers over this shrimp dish, it was so good. I highly recommend this wonderful dish to any seafood lover (like myself and DH) thank you Rita for such a wonderful recipe, just keep em' comin... we all just loved it! :-)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra large shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3⁄4-1 cup breadcrumbs, well seasoned (Italian spices)
- 3⁄4-1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- olive oil, for frying to cover bottom of pan
- 16 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 -4 cups of you favorite italian tomato sauce
- 1 lb pasta, COOKED aldente (I use angel hair my favorite)
- olive oil, drizzled throughout the pasta
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the shrimp up like a book and remove the dark vein.
- In a zip lock bag, place flour seasoned with salt and old bay toss in shrimp and shake to coat.
- Remove shrimp; to the same bag with the rest of the flour add panko, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk well eggs and mayonnaise.
- Dip floured shrimp into egg mixture then bread crumbs.
- In a large heavy bottom pan heat oil.
- Brown shrimp in batches and drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Spread 1/3 the sauce on bottom.
- Spread cook pasta on top of sauce.
- Spoon 1/3 sauce on pasta.
- Lay shrimp in a baking dish 1 layer.
- Sprinkle with with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with rest of sauce.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven till cheese is melted.
- About 15-20 minutes.