Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- In an large pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Stir in onion, garlic and bell peppers; cooking for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in spices (salt - turmeric); cooking one more minute.Raise heat to medium high and add broth and water to pan.
- When it starts to boil add shrimp; simmering one minute before adding peas; simmer covered for 2 more minutes. Remover from heat.
- Stir in couscous; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with olives, if desired.
I did make some amount changes to this recipe, since it is the first time making this I decreased the amount of shrimp and used all broth, I will make again this is a great recipe, thanks Ellie!