Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Skinny Taste...a nice light twist on the Thai classic!
Make and share this Shrimp Pad Thai on the Lighter Side recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces packaged rice noodles (rice sticks)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 6 ounces medium shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 2 ounces fried firm tofu, cut into slices (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 5 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 ounce chinese chives, cut into 2-inch lengths (or scallions)
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts
- lime wedge
For the Seasonings
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce (Thai Kitchen brand for gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder, to taste (or more)
- Follow the package instructions to cook the dry rice noodles. The rice noodles should be soft (but still chewy and not mushy) after boiling. Rinse the boiled noodles with cold running water.
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl until well combined, set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet on high heat and add the oil. As soon as the oil is hot, add the garlic to the skillet and start stirring until you smell the aroma of the garlic. Add the shrimp and the tofu and continue stirring. As soon as the shrimp changes color, add the noodles and stir-continuously, about 30 seconds. Use the spatula to push the noodles to one side of the skillet, and crack the eggs on the empty side of the skillet. Use the spatula to break the egg yolk and let cook for about 30 seconds. Combine the egg and the noodles, and add the seasoning sauce. Stir to combine well with the noodles.
- Next, add the bean sprouts and chives and continue stirring. As soon as the bean sprouts are cooked, stir-in the crushed peanut. Turn off the heat and serve the Pad Thai immediately with the lime wedges.