From Skinny Taste...a nice light twist on the Thai classic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces packaged rice noodles (rice sticks)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 6 ounces medium shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 2 ounces fried firm tofu, cut into slices (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 5 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 ounce chinese chives, cut into 2-inch lengths (or scallions)
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts
- lime wedge
For the Seasonings
- 1Follow the package instructions to cook the dry rice noodles. The rice noodles should be soft (but still chewy and not mushy) after boiling. Rinse the boiled noodles with cold running water.
- 2Mix all the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl until well combined, set aside.
- 3Heat up a large skillet on high heat and add the oil. As soon as the oil is hot, add the garlic to the skillet and start stirring until you smell the aroma of the garlic. Add the shrimp and the tofu and continue stirring. As soon as the shrimp changes color, add the noodles and stir-continuously, about 30 seconds. Use the spatula to push the noodles to one side of the skillet, and crack the eggs on the empty side of the skillet. Use the spatula to break the egg yolk and let cook for about 30 seconds. Combine the egg and the noodles, and add the seasoning sauce. Stir to combine well with the noodles.
- 4Next, add the bean sprouts and chives and continue stirring. As soon as the bean sprouts are cooked, stir-in the crushed peanut. Turn off the heat and serve the Pad Thai immediately with the lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Pad Thai on the Lighter Side
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 201.0 mg
- Sodium 1702.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: