1/2 Photos of Shrimp Pad Thai
I saw this on an episode of Cooking Thin with Kathleen Daelemans. It looked so easy and so yummy. I haven't tried it yet, but will soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped (I wouldn't add these)
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion (or 2 small bunches)
- 1 cup loosley packed cilantro leaf
- 1Cover noodles with boiling water.
- 2Soak 20 minutes until soft but not fully"cooked".
- 3Set aside In small bowl wisk together lime juice, water, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, cayenne, and peanut oil.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Add cooking oil, garlic, shallots, and shrimp to non-stick skillet.
- 6Turn to medium/high heat and cook until shrimp is mostly pink (about 3-4 minutes).
- 7Add eggs, stir and scramble until just moist.
- 8Add noodles, fish sauce mixture, peanuts, sprouts and scallions.
- 9Toss until noodles are evenly coated.
- 10Add the cilantro.
- 11Cook tossing constantly until noodles are tender and sauce has slightly thickened, about 3-4 more minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 109.6 mg
- Sodium 1022.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g