Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a cooking class I attended... it is not quite as sweet as what you get in Thai restaurants! It can be made vegetarian if you omit the shrimp and add mushrooms. It can also be made with thinly sliced chicken. Source: Chef Somchet Chumpapo
- 10 ounces rice noodles, soaked and drained
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup fried tofu, cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 4 tablespoons cilantro leaves, for garnish
- lime wedge, for garnish
- Mix sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and vinegar, set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and stir till cooked.
- Add shrimp, green onions, and noodles, stir.
- Add ground chiles, if using.
- Add sauce and stir together to coat.
- Cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tofu and bean sprouts, remove from heat.
- Arrange on plate, top with peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Terrific!! I sprinkled some crushed red pepper flakes and garnished with some diced jalapenos.....it was a hit with my husband! I will defiantely be making it again!! Thanks!
Yum. I have made this several times; I used extra tofu instead of shrimp the last time I made this. I loved the vinegar, but I love pungent flavors. I am planning to make this again tomorrow and realized I hadn't yet reviewed it!