1/2 Photos of Shrimp Pad Thai
I found this recipe on FoodNetwork by Danny Boome, whom hosts their new show "Rescue Chef." Perfect balance of flavors. We have this at least once a week. It's good even without the shrimp. I double the sauce because our family likes it saucier. I also have all ingredients ready before I begin cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided (I use dark sesame seed oil.)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 7 ounces rice noodles, soaked in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes then drained
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, chopped (I omitted this ingredient because my family doesn't like the taste of cilantro)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or a large frying pan.
- 2Add the garlic and ginger and saute until lightly golden.
- 3Add the shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until pink, tossing from time to time. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
- 4Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in the same wok or pan and add the egg. Stir to scramble the egg into small pieces, remove and set aside with the shrimp.
- 5Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine, red pepper flakes, and brown sugar. (I put all these ingredients together in a bowl before I begin cooking). Stir briefly, add the drained noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the bean sprouts, chopped scallions and cilantro. Mix well and continue to cook until the noodles are heated through.
- 7Add the shrimp and egg back into the wok and toss with lime zest and lime juice. Season, if necessary with a little more soy sauce or fish sauce.
- 8Serve on white rice or we just eat them without the rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 1012.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar