Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cooked shrimp, deveined
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- salt and pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until tender.
- Combine soup, sour cream, catsup, salt, and pepper; stir into onion mixture.
- Add mushrooms and shrimp; heat slowly.
- Serve over rice.
This was pretty good, If I fix it again though I will either half the catsup or delete it entirely. I tasted the sauce before adding it and it was exquisite. After adding catsup the flavor changed entirely and I liked it somewhat less. Still I would make this again Since I ate all the leftovers.
I normally love Nurse Di's recipes, but this one just was not for us. We also did not care for the ketchup taste, and I don't think we'll eat the leftovers. This will not keep me away from Nurse Di's other recipes though!
I really enjoyed this. Instead of adding salt I added Old Bay Seasoning. I also added a dash of fish sauce and tabasco. I added the left over rice to the left over shrimp and stuffed it into a tortilla for a leftover dinner. It was great too.