Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This isn't hot and spicy but has a good sweet and sour flavor.
- 2 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
Lemon Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated fresh lemon rind
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- To make Lemon Rice Pilaf: In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add celery and onions.
- Cook and stir occasionally until celery is tender.
- Add in rice and the remaining ingredients: cover over low heat until heated, stirring occasionally.
- To make Shrimp Oriental: peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Drain pineapple and set aside; save juice.
- Add pineapple juice, sugar, and the next 6 ingredients to a skillet; stir to combine.
- Cook over medium-high to high heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add bell pepper and cook 3-4-5 minutes.
- Add pineapple and shrimp; cover and cook, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over Lemon Rice Pilaf.