Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great Italian shrimp recipe. One of my favorite ways to make shrimp.
- 2 lbs extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Grease a baking dish large enough to hold the shrimp in a single layer.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the seasonings. Sprinkle about half the breadcrumb mixture in the pan and arrange the shrimp on top.
- Spoon the sauce on top of the shrimp and then sprinkle on the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until the top begins to brown.
Another yummy recipe from the Captain! I cut this recipe in half and baked in a 13x9. I decided after spreading 1/2 cup marinara over the shrimp that it wasn't enough so added another 1/2 cup. I also reduced the red pepper to 1 tsp for the half recipe (and it was plenty hot with that much!). The only other change I made was leaving out the oil, but only because I forgot it - and I didn't miss it until I went to write this review. Thanks so much for the recipe!