Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty light and fresh shrimp dish!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and oregano and saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute until nearly done.
- Add lime juice, stir well, and bring to a boil. Add cheese and stir until melted. Continue to cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Toss warm pasta with a little olive oil. Pour shrimp and sauce over pasta and mix well. Serve topped with additional grated cheese.
After reading the other reviews, I used only 1/2 cup fresh lime juice. And I added 1/2 cup white wine. The sauce didn't thicken. But it didn't bother me. I used small shrimps. With the white wine I liked it. But for DH it was more a 3 stars. It's very easy to do. Thanks Scarlet :) Made for 123 hit wonders
WOW, this was a pure delight. Just under 15 mins start to serving (my angel hair is really fine). I added a large chopped shallot as I had a couple ready to be used. The lime and Parmesan really compliment each other. My cheese clumped more than melted and that was the one thing that kept this from being a 5 review. Really delicious, I'm very happy that I tried it.
This was very easy to make and our family loves shrimp. The only thing we all said was that it was too tangy. If I would do this again, I think I would try cutting the lime juice down and making it into a cream sauce. We used whole wheat spaghetti. Tagged in Photo Tag.