Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my fathers famous "shrimp oreganata" which he serves every holiday. It is his take on the classic "clams oreganata" and is easy to whip up, and sure to please.
- 1. Start by cleaning shrimp if they are not already cleaned (de-vaining, removing tails).
- 2. Brown garlic in the olive oil.
- 3. Line the bottom of a baking sheet with breadcrumbs.
- 4. Put down a layer of shrimp, covering the the bread crumbs. The shrimp don't need to be perfectly lined up, but there should be more shrimp than breadcrumbs.
- 5. Liberally apply breadcrumbs to the top of shrimp so that they are fully submerged. You shouldn't have too much excess, but enough that the shrimp are barely visible.
- 6. Spoon browned garlic and oil over the top breadcrumb layer. The crumbs don't need to be soaking, but the oil should be evenly spread over the shrimp and crumbs.
- 7. Repeat by layering more shrimp, more breadcrumbs, and more oil.
- 8. Place think slices of mozarella over the top layer, and place into an oven preheated to 350.
- 9. Bake until cheese is fully melted and amber in color.