Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This dish is really quick, and easy to prepare, but its filled with terrific, rich flavor. I've made it with both the shrimp and the scallops, and both worked very well.
Top Review by SolightlyUK
Yum! I made this with shrimp and the sauce had a wonderful garlicky taste that didn't overpower them. I made no changes to the recipe except for adding cracked black pepper before serving.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp or 1 lb sea scallops, your choice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed into a paste (or finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat.
- When butter begins to foam, add the garlic paste and shallot and saute for a minute or two, to soften a bit.
- Add the seafood of your choice: For the shrimp, saute for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- For the scallops, saute 3-5 minutes, or until scallops turn opaque.
- Once the seafood is cooked through, remove to a plate and cover.
- Add the sherry to the melted butter and warm through for about a minute or two.
- Pour sauce over seafood, top with parsley, and serve.