Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Gourmet pizza at home. My kids declared it the best pizza they have ever eaten anywhere! Prep time includes allowing the dough to rise.
- 14.79 ml yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 591.47 ml flour
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 29.58-59.16 ml grated parmesan cheese (I don't really measure)
- 226.79 g cooked shrimp or 226.79 g lobster meat, diced and well drained if necessary
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, diced and drained
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 226.79 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Dough: dissolve yeast in water in a large bowl. Allow to set for a few minutes until it begins to foam.
- Add sugar, salt, oil and 1 1/2 c flour and stir gently to combine. Add remaining flour and combine thoroughly. (I usually knead it a little in the bowl too.).
- Let rest for about 30 minutes. Pat out onto large, greased pizza pan.
- While dough is resting, mince garlic and mix with olive oil and allow to set to infuse flavor throughout.
- Spread oil and garlic over entire crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Layer the shrimp or lobster meat, tomato, basil and mozzarella as desired and sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
This is a most excellent pizza indeed! I had to use my rectangle baking stone, as I don't have a large pizza pan. The recipe states serves 4, but 2 of us polished it off with no problem. I used the shrimp option. :)