Gourmet pizza at home. My kids declared it the best pizza they have ever eaten anywhere! Prep time includes allowing the dough to rise.
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (I don't really measure)
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp or 8 ounces lobster meat, diced and well drained if necessary
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes, diced and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Dough: dissolve yeast in water in a large bowl. Allow to set for a few minutes until it begins to foam.
- Add sugar, salt, oil and 1 1/2 c flour and stir gently to combine. Add remaining flour and combine thoroughly. (I usually knead it a little in the bowl too.).
- Let rest for about 30 minutes. Pat out onto large, greased pizza pan.
- While dough is resting, mince garlic and mix with olive oil and allow to set to infuse flavor throughout.
- Spread oil and garlic over entire crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Layer the shrimp or lobster meat, tomato, basil and mozzarella as desired and sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.