Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Gourmet pizza at home. My kids declared it the best pizza they have ever eaten anywhere! Prep time includes allowing the dough to rise.
Top Review by Lori Mama
This is a most excellent pizza indeed! I had to use my rectangle baking stone, as I don't have a large pizza pan. The recipe states serves 4, but 2 of us polished it off with no problem. I used the shrimp option. :)
- 14.79 ml yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 591.47 ml flour
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 29.58-59.16 ml grated parmesan cheese (I don't really measure)
- 226.79 g cooked shrimp or 226.79 g lobster meat, diced and well drained if necessary
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, diced and drained
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 226.79 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Dough: dissolve yeast in water in a large bowl. Allow to set for a few minutes until it begins to foam.
- Add sugar, salt, oil and 1 1/2 c flour and stir gently to combine. Add remaining flour and combine thoroughly. (I usually knead it a little in the bowl too.).
- Let rest for about 30 minutes. Pat out onto large, greased pizza pan.
- While dough is resting, mince garlic and mix with olive oil and allow to set to infuse flavor throughout.
- Spread oil and garlic over entire crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Layer the shrimp or lobster meat, tomato, basil and mozzarella as desired and sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.