Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a perfect blend of spices. It is a great seafood/pasta dish.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb crayfish tail
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red peppers or 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 chopped shallots
- 2 pints whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb cooked pasta
- garlic or garlic powder
- Saute shallots and seasonings with butter.
- Add shrimp or crawfish and cook until pink.
- (5-7 mins.) Add cooked pasta and whipping cream.
- Cook to desired thickness.
- (10-15 mins.) Serve immediately, great with bread.
I thought this recipe tasted pretty good however, it was a bit salty, and it did not really thicken up. Also, it was a bit inconvienent that the recipe did not specify any stove temperatures. I cooked it over medium high heat.Next time I will try cutting way down on the salt, butter, and will probably substitute milk for the cream.
SUGGESTIONS 1. Use olive oil instead of butter which can add more salt to the dish 2. Use table cream instead of whipping cream